Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Safely Arrived in Majuro

Hello Dear Ones,
Just want you to know that I am safely arrived and just about caught up on my sleep. Britt picked me up in a rented car from the airport and we drove to the end of the island (almost), wading in the ocean at a couple of places. Picked up pretty shells and sea rocks.



Then, that evening, thirty-two Relief Society sisters crowded into Britt's apt. to honor me on my birthday! They brought food and gifts and sang to me. I shall never forget! I'll have much to tell when I get home. It hasn't been too hot, but it is quite humid. Has rained and shone. The ocean is literally right outside Britt's bedroom window. It is definitely a Third World country. I'm so humbled--and so in awe of your sister who has come here to serve in so many ways. We just talked and talked and talked last night.

Much love to all!

No comments: